Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cardboard & Hot Glue All Over Again...

Most of us never wanted to see cardboard again after the cardboard animals, but here we go again, this time making letters out of cardboard. For Sign class we were assigned a letter to create and then use the vacuum former to make it out of plastic. Everyones letters will be combined in the end to make one large installation piece. I have the letter "Y" and have chose to cover mine in rubber bands! Many people have been running into some issues of their original letter getting stuck inside the plastic, I hope this doesn't happen to me. Wish me luck!!!






1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to see yours!! it should be pretty cool and the rubber bands should actually help strengthen the cardboard when you pry it out. Maybe ask them about putting baby powder (or talcum powder as they call it) to prevent it from sticking.

    ReplyDelete