Wednesday, November 11, 2015

An inspiring week...

Last week I had the opportunity to attend two very inspiring design events. As a life-long learner I love to attend events such as this when I get the chance. They ignite new energy and new perspective into my career as a designer.

Design Thinking
This was a hands-on workshop ran by AIGA and General Assembly. In groups we walked through the 5 step design thinking process: empathize, ideate, prototype, test, iterate. Once we had a good grasp on our user we moved into the prototype phase. I loved the collaboration of this exercise, it was equally challenging and fun. 




Inside Job 2015: A One-day Conference for In-house Design
On Saturday I spent the day in Houston at the Inside Job Conference. Recently I've been trying to keep up with AIGA's In-house INitiative and this was the first event that popped up within reasonable distance to attend. At the end of the day I was very pleased that I had made the trip. The day was filled with speakers from well known in-house design creative teams like NPR and Newell Rubbermaid. Each person brought a fresh perspective on the in-house creative community and the trends of the future. I would recommend this to any managers, creative directors or eager mid-level designers, like myself, whom aspire to be in those shoes one day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment